If you want to make the world more brilliant – make it brilliant with us.
VIA optronics is a successful, dynamic, fast developing company with international presence. We have production sites in Germany, China and Japan, global sales offices including Taiwan and the US and a global R&D team based in Germany, China, Japan and the Philippines.
As leading provider of interactive display solutions including displays, touch screens, optical bonding, cameras and computing platforms, VIA optronics, with more than 700 employees (m/f/d) worldwide, develops and produces products and solutions for industrial, automotive, and consumer electronics markets.
In the course of our continuous growth and to strengthening our Team, we search for talents for the following open positions:
Area Sales Manager (m/f/d) VIA207
- Responsible for managing the entire sales effort for an extended territory including the activities of a large independent representative network.
- Hire, motivate, train and hold accountable the manufacturer’s representative network within the given territory.
- Give customer presentations to design engineers and other pertinent functional areas of current and prospective accounts within the given territory.
- Prepare proposals which require coordinating the efforts of Program Management, Project Engineering, Engineering Development, Materials, Quality Assurance, Production and the Accounting department.
- Provide current and prospective accounts with technical assistance and administrative information for the purpose of growing current relationships and developing new accounts.
- Prepare and review all quotations both for standard and custom products, meeting price and gross margin objectives set by the company.
- Prepare sales forecasts on a monthly basis and be prepared to speak on each listing.
- Submit reports on a regular basis, including, but not limited to, weekly reports, monthly forecasts, trip reports, expense accounts, quarterly representative reviews, etc.
- Meet the quarterly sales goals established for a given territory.
- Coordinate customer visits including overall responsibility for agenda, facility tours and entertainment.
- Successful negotiation with supply chain partners to support sales initiatives.
- Attend meetings as required including weekly meetings with Sr. Management to review sales opportunities and forecasts.
- Support the marketing and business development efforts within the assigned territory or market segments as defined by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Attend trade exhibitions.
- Typically requires a college degree in a business or technical discipline or equivalent and a minimum of five years of direct sales experience in a technical environment.
- Minimum three years of experience in a management role.
- Must be knowledgeable on how to prepare sales forecasts
- Required to give sales presentations to customers
- Proficiency with cost analysis and pricing strategies
- Must be able to generate new customer leads and demonstrate effective sales closing skills.
- Must be familiar with company products, prices, policies and potential applications.
- Ability to assimilate technical information and present technical data.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Must be able to represent the company in a professional manner.
- Must be able to multi-task, focus on a task, as well as follow a schedule.
- Will be required to work on a computer and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook PowerPoint, and be familiar with the company’s internal software.
- Familiarity with MRP systems is a plus.
- Willingness to travel
We offer you the opportunity to be part of our growing international, professional team. Together we can shape the future within a dynamic environment and maintain our leadership position in a rapidly expanding market segment. If you are interested in this job opportunity, please send your detailed application indicating your salary expectations and earliest possible entry date to email@example.com.
It´s a world of displays, let´s create the interactive display world together.