If you want to make the world more brilliant – make it brilliant with us.
VIA optronics is a successful, dynamic, fast developing company with international presence. We have production sites in Germany, China and Japan, global sales offices including Taiwan and the US and a global R&D team based in Germany, China, Japan and the Philippines.
As leading provider of interactive display solutions including displays, touch screens, optical bonding, cameras and computing platforms, VIA optronics, with more than 700 employees (m/f/d) worldwide, develops and produces products and solutions for industrial, automotive, and consumer electronics markets.
In the course of our continuous growth and to strengthening our team in Nuremberg, we search for talents for the following open positions:
Commodity Manager Global Sourcing (m/f/d)
- Source qualified suppliers globally for assigned commodities/categories in a timely manner in order to support Project Sourcing, Marketing, Sales, R&D and production while meeting our customer’s expectations and meeting the company objectives related to strategy and profitability.
- Leads strategic and supplier management activities including RFQ support, price negotiations, Engineering Change management, supplier qualification, evaluation and development as well as other purchasing elements for assigned commodities
- Manage all commodity related sourcing activities such as supplier long and short list, supplier qualification and approval process and maintain AVL.
- Manage supplier pool per commodity based on strategy, actual and future demand, technology, country/region, and other relevant aspects. Develop and execute supplier/commodity strategy.
- Select and nominate supplier based on VIA optronics global process.
- Develop new suppliers together with SQE to enlarge VIA supplier portfolio and bargaining power
- Drive cost improvement programs to improve supplier competitiveness
- Evaluate, maintain and report market relevant information per commodity related to price, roadmaps and technology developments.
- Negotiate initial pricing, Annual Price Review, etc. for assigned commodities to continually reduce costs and ensure successful on-time product launch while accomplishing VIA profitability.
- Forecast/report cost development based on the market index.
- Create and maintain cost structure for parts, assemblies, and/or raw materials.
- Initiate and lead SE activities with suppliers to reduce material cost
- Responsible to monitor and improve supplier performance (supplier development).
- Manage supply chain issues (Risk management) by coordinating activities with the Supplier and Internal Organization and develop a plan to ensure production is not impacted.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience required.
- Experience working in purchasing related field for Tier I or Tier II automotive supplier-related company preferred
- Thorough understanding of company products (or similar), trade terminology, and quality management and control systems (e.g., IATF16949) and techniques.
- Ability to read components- and assembly-blue-prints and drawings (including 2D/3D).
- Experience in sourcing component parts or raw materials from drawings.
- Previous experience working with integrated computer programs and/or applications. ERP System experience (e.g., Navision or SAP) preferred.
- Intermediate level experienced with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Office).
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time in APAC and occasionally in Europe
- Fluent in Chinese and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely complex information in verbal and written in English and German
We offer you the opportunity to be part of our growing international, professional team. Together we can shape the future within a dynamic environment and maintain our leadership position in a rapidly expanding market segment. If you are interested in this job opportunity, please send your detailed application indicating your salary expectations and earliest possible entry date to email@example.com.
It´s a world of displays, let´s create the interactive display world together.