If you want to make the world more brilliant – make it brilliant with us.
VIA optronics is a successful, dynamic, fast developing company with international presence. We have production sites in Germany, China and Japan, global sales offices including Taiwan and the US and a global R&D team based in Germany, China, Japan and the Philippines.
As leading provider of interactive display solutions including displays, touch screens, optical bonding, cameras and computing platforms, VIA optronics, with more than 700 employees (m/f/d) worldwide, develops and produces products and solutions for industrial, automotive, and consumer electronics markets.
In the course of our continuous growth and to strengthening our team in Nuremberg, we search for talents for the following open positions:
Commodity Manager Global Sourcing (m/f/d)
- Manage supplier qualification and approval process and maintain AVL
- Manage supplier pool per commodity based on strategy, actual and future demand, technology, country/region, and other relevant aspects. Develop and execute supplier/commodity strategy.
- Select and nominate supplier based on global processes
- Develop new suppliers together with SQE to enlarge VIA supplier portfolio and bargaining power
- Drive cost improvement programs to improve supplier competitiveness, based on detailed understanding of supplier processes, cost structure and cost drivers
- Evaluate, maintain and report market relevant information per commodity related to price, roadmaps and technology developments. Communicate frequently to all internal stakeholders (management, sales, marketing, R&D)
- Initiate and lead SE activities with suppliers to reduce material cost
- Responsible to monitor and improve supplier performance (supplier development).
- Manage supply chain issues (risk management) by coordinating activities with the supplier and internal organization. Develop a plan to ensure production is not impacted.
- Develop and monitor annual and long-term procurement strategy for assigned commodities and present to management based on supplier performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience required.
- Experience working in purchasing related field for Tier I or Tier II automotive supplier-related company preferred
- Ability to read components- and assembly-blue-prints and drawings (including 2D/3D).
- Experience in sourcing component parts or raw materials from drawings.
- Able to work in a fast paced, multicultural work environment.
- Strong in developing and executing strategic assignments.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely complex information verbally and written in English and German.
- ERP System experience (Navision or SAP) preferred
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Office
- Must be willing to travel up to 30% of the time in APAC and occasionally in Europe
We offer you the opportunity to be part of our growing international, professional team. Together we can shape the future within a dynamic environment and maintain our leadership position in a rapidly expanding market segment. If you are interested in this job opportunity, please send your detailed application indicating your salary expectations and earliest possible entry date to email@example.com.
It´s a world of displays, let´s create the interactive display world together.