If you want to make the world more brilliant – make it brilliant with us.
VIA optronics is a very successful, dynamically fast-growing, and international company with production sites and sales offices in Germany, China and Japan, as well as additional sales offices in Taiwan and the United States.
As one of the leading providers for interactive display solutions and systems with core competence in the areas of optical bonding, touch sensors, and camera technology, VIA optronics, develops and produces customized display solutions for the consumer, industrial and automotive sectors with almost 700 employees (m/f/d) worldwide.
We offer you the opportunity to shape your career, with exciting and some of the industry’s most challenging and rewarding projects and tasks. With professional colleagues in an excellent environment, you have a team you can always count on.
In the course of our continuous growth and to strengthen our team we are looking for talents for the following open position in Nuremberg:
Mechanical Engineer - Display Systems (m/f/d)
- Support for the development of Interactive Display Systems (IDS), the components / technologies such as displays, touch panels, non-contact sensing, cover glass, cameras and controller boards
- Drafting, design and elaboration of mechanical assemblies, as well as their required components (including feasibility studies) in CATIA
- Creation and management of the technical documentation for components and subsystems / assemblies (e.g. parts lists, drawings, models, simulations, specifications) according to customer and other project-related requirements
- Initiation of quality, cost and assembly / production related optimizations
- Construction and support for the commissioning of production equipment and tools (bonding, lamination, assembly and handling)
- Technical interface between other project teams and suppliers, as well as to the technical customer interface
- Support of the organization with questions about the construction and the mechanical properties of the display systems during the entire product life cycle
- Support with requirements management (technical functions and properties, qualification)
- Concept studies and design elaboration based on 3D printing and preparation of the required CAD data
- Participation in the selection and qualification of required assemblies and components
- Successfully completed studies in the field of mechanical engineering, construction technology, precision engineering or comparable studies with corresponding experience in the development of electro-optical / mechanical products
- Experience in the design of complex systems based on metal die casting and / or plastic injection molding
- Several years of experience with displays and touch solutions (including LED backlight)
- Several years of experience as a developer in the automotive environment
- Experience in using CAD-based simulation tools; AnSys based is preferred
- Many years of experience and expert knowledge in CATIA V5
- Experience in automotive-friendly design of components and assemblies
- Excellent technical understanding, ability to improvise and problem-solving skills
- Good spoken and written knowledge of German and English
- Confident handling of Microsoft Office (365), Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint
- Experience with Microsoft Project and knowledge of working with MS Project Server are advantageous
- Intercultural competence
With us you have the opportunity to become part of our growing, international and professional team. Together we can shape the future in a dynamic environment and maintain our leading position in a rapidly expanding market segment.
Have we aroused your interest? Then please send us your application documents, stating your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date, to firstname.lastname@example.org..
We look forward to getting to know you!
It´s a world of displays, let´s create the interactive display world together.