If you want to make the world more brilliant – make it brilliant with us.
VIA optronics is a very successful, dynamically fast-growing, and international company with production sites and sales offices in Germany, China and Japan, as well as additional sales offices in Taiwan and the United States.
As one of the leading providers for interactive display solutions and systems with core competence in the areas of optical bonding, touch sensors, and camera technology, VIA optronics, develops and produces customized display solutions for the consumer, industrial and automotive sectors with almost 600 employees (m/f/d) worldwide.
We offer you the opportunity to shape your career, with exciting and some of the industry’s most challenging and rewarding projects and tasks. With professional colleagues in an excellent environment, you have a team you can always count on.
In the course of our continuous growth and to strengthen our team in Nuremberg we are looking for talents for the following open positions:
Commodity Manager Global Sourcing (m/f/d)
- The Project Buyer’s role is to source high complex technical components within given and challenging deadlines and budget/price requirements.
- The responsibility starts with the initial RFQ process and ends after the project relevant components have been PPAP approved and smoothly transferred into production (SOP) – target is to hand over to SRC-Commodity manager within 1 month after part has been PPAP released
- Manage RFQ process (budgetary and binding quotes) for project relevant components according VIA group processes and based on AVL suppliers nominated by Global Commodity Manager
- Sourcing Project Management for new projects for all sourced components until SOP
- Liaise with suppliers, evaluate and communicate technical requirements
- Collaborate with Engineering to benchmark components based on the technical specifications
- Support SCM team to ensure timely delivery of purchased materials until PPAP approval; handle escalation management for delayed shipments; work closely with SCM department
- Monitor and evaluate supplier processes until SOP
- Initiate and drive cost reduction across suppliers for project relevant components
- Support Global Commodity Sourcing team in contract negotiations
- Liaise closely with Global Commodity Sourcing to drive stronger supplier relationships; maintain and improve high performance relationship with suppliers
- Plan and follow the implementation of the Advanced Quality Planning process
- Coordinate internal and external Engineering Change processes for components until SOP
- Support SQE for part releases (PPAP) and audits of production process at suppliers.
- Coordinate resolution of component related quality problems until 3 months after SOP.
- Bachelor degree in engineering, business administration, procurement or economics
- minimum 5 years automotive sourcing experience
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience required
- Experience working in purchasing related field for Tier I or Tier II Automotive supplier related company preferred.
- Knowledge about electrical and mechanical components (such as LCD, Touch, electronic parts, plastic and casting parts)
- Basic technical understanding in reading blueprints and discussing technical terms and specifications with suppliers.
- Experience in sourcing component parts or raw materials based on technical drawings.
- Advanced Excel capability (V-lookup, conditional formatting, linking across multiple sheets, cost analysis, clear and concise representation of data)
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time in APAC and occasionally in Europe
- Fluent in Chinese and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely complex information in verbal and written in English and German
We offer you the opportunity to be part of our growing international, professional team. Together we can shape the future within a dynamic environment and maintain our leadership position in a rapidly expanding market segment. If you are interested in this job opportunity, please send your detailed application indicating your salary expectations and earliest possible entry date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It´s a world of displays, let´s create the interactive display world together.